My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks - Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo Says - Way Loaded

Breaking

Coinserom Crypto Ad Network

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks - Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo Says

 12908424_obasanjo6_jpeg6af284ee3458c11d693c5e6f0a4a0045

Nigerian previous President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has unintentionally excused theories that he isn't a Yoruba man. 

Obasanjo in his book named 'My Watch Volume 2: Political and Public Affairs,' said his two guardians were from Owu in Abeokuta, Ogun State. 

A clan leader of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Anthony Adefuye, as of late guaranteed that the dad of the previous Nigerian pioneer was Igbo yet that he was conceived of a Yoruba lady. 

Adefuye had in a meeting with a public every day said in addition to other things, "A few people may contend that what might be said about Obasanjo? Obasanjo isn't a Yoruba man. He is an Igbo man from the South-East. His dad was from Anambra while his mom was a Yoruba lady. Furthermore, that was the reason during his residency, he totally overlooked the South-West. For instance, all through his eight years, he didn't do anything on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway." 

Some Yoruba chiefs had in 2007 likewise affirmed that Obasanjo's organic dad was not a Yoruba man. 

As indicated by them, his dad was Onyekwelu from Onitsha in Anambra State thus, his rule as President somewhere in the range of 1999 and 2007 should be seen as an Igbo rule. 

In any case, Obasanjo in the 675-page book portrayed himself as a careful reproduced Yoruba man. 

He stated, "To be a Nigerian, I must be brought into the world some place in Nigeria or be of Nigeria parentage or one should naturalize. On the off chance that the other can conceal their personality, I can't, on the grounds that my two guardians were from Owu in Abeokuta. Also, you can't be more Yoruba than an Owu man as the primary youngster and little girl of Oduduwa, the dad of Yorubas was the mother of all Owus. Furthermore, I bear Owu ancestral imprints. What's more, better or more awful still, I communicate in English with my Owu vernacular. 

"I have consistently kept up and felt pleased with my Owuness, Yorubaness and Nigerianess in a specific order. They are all essential for my appreciated character. In any case, I generally won't and will consistently decline to be compelled, lessened or decreased to the degree of Yoruba administration. Without being improper, I am a public chief, an African chief and a world chief in my own particular manner. 

"In the event that a Yoruba meeting is approached a significant issue of worry to the Yorubas and I am welcomed. I will go however won't sit on the high table except if I participated in assembling the gathering. Yet, I would expect that a seat on the high table would be held for me if such a gathering is a public gathering. 

"There are Yorubas of the mindset that on the off chance that they can't forever lead Nigeria, at that point Nigeria should be split up in the doublespeak of alliance. They would prefer to be rulers in heck, in the event that they can't be rulers in paradise. They are predominantly the individuals who consider themselves to be beneficiaries clear to (Chief Obafemi) Awolowo. I neither offer their way of thinking nor their mentality. Some of them added to placing Bola Tinubu in force and notwithstanding largesse of houses in Victoria Island worked for them by Bola; they betrayed him when the progression of largesses began to evaporate. 

"They are similar individuals who guaranteed that I denied being a Yoruba man. I am more Yoruba than every one of them. The Ijebus among them should be reminded that the Awujale declared that they are not from Ife, the support of Yorubas but rather from Wadia. The individuals who are crying more than the deprived like Olaniwun Ajayi and Femi Okurounmu are egotistical and need uprightness. 

"When there was need. In light of a legitimate concern for judges and reasonableness, to talk or follow up for the Yorubas, I have done so yet not against in general Nigeria interest or against the interest of some other gathering besides. I have additionally stood up or gone to bat for different gatherings or networks of the interest of judges and decency. Be that as it may, under no circumstances will the interest and uprightness of Nigeria be relinquished." 

Obasanjo further said he dismissed a solicitation by two senior Yoruba resigned warriors to lead the Western Region out of Nigeria, which would be like what the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu attempted to accomplish for the South-East and fizzled. 

"In the disarray of the post second overthrow in 1966 and mid 1967, I joined the senior Yoruba officials in the military to introduce our situations to Yakubu Gowon, in light of a legitimate concern for the country and of the West. While, during the Abacha period and before I was captured, two senior resigned Yoruba officials, a Navy and Army officials approached me at my ranch to lead the West out of Nigeria, I didn't take it sympathetic with their solicitation." 

"I stated, "God's judgment in me on the off chance that I actually do what will be quick and conclusive; He would ask the individuals who passed on because of my battling for the unification of Nigeria to arrange and hold one hand and those that will kick the bucket battling for the West to withdraw from Nigeria to arrange and hold the other hand and pull me until I will be cut into two."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad