I’d Have Won Grammy Since 2013 If Our Leaders Took Youths Seriously - Famous Singer Burna Boy Speaks Up - Way Loaded

Breaking

Coinserom Crypto Ad Network

Post Top Ad

Monday, March 22, 2021

I’d Have Won Grammy Since 2013 If Our Leaders Took Youths Seriously - Famous Singer Burna Boy Speaks Up

Burna Boy

Globally-acclaimed Afrofusion singer, Burna Boy, has said that he would have won a Grammy award in 2013 if he had the right support.

Burna broke a record at the 2021 Grammys after ‘Twice As Tall’ became the first Afrobeats album to win the award.

In a chat with BBC Africa, Burna Boy spoke of his experience making the album during a pandemic.

He said: “If the environment was conducive and we had leadership who took the youth seriously and certain infrastructure in place, I probably won’t be winning a Grammy in 2021. I probably would have won in 2013 or 2014.

“I’m basically the stone that the builders refused when it comes to, you know, being right here (in tune). I changed into very relieved because I deserved it. I hoped a state of affairs wouldn’t manifest where I didn’t get what I deserved.

“I noticed this second going on back in 2012. I simply realised it (the song struggle) turned into bigger than me. It’s like I used to do that at the streets and absolutely everyone goes loopy, however now I don’t see everybody better than me.

“So, it’s like this is critical now. Anything is possible. Whatever situation you will be in anywhere you discover yourself doesn’t without a doubt determine your future or prevent you from now not considering your dreams as being dreams.

“In the give up, we’re in an environment that doesn’t consider in itself earlier than they even think about believing in you.”

When quizzed on the possibilities he sees for music in Africa, Burna Boy said he is taking delight in understanding that greater humans like him will emerge to create opportunities and pave the way greater for the younger era of African musicians.

“A lot of doors are being opened. For me personally, each door at this point has been opened,” he delivered.

“It is what is going to be left at the back of when I’m no longer right here. That’s going to be my footprints on the world.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad