My Children Keep Asking To Speak To Their Dad Killed In Crashed NAF Plane - Widow Of Late Pilot Speaks Out - Way Loaded

Breaking

Coinserom Crypto Ad Network

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Children Keep Asking To Speak To Their Dad Killed In Crashed NAF Plane - Widow Of Late Pilot Speaks Out

Omoloa Olawunmi

 

Mrs Omolola Olawunmi, a Nigerian woman who happens to be the widow of a late Nigerian pilot has spoken about her plight.

She is the widow of the late Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi, who, alongside six other officers, died in the Nigerian Air Force aircraft that crashed in Abuja on Sunday, February 21, 2021.

The widow tells ABIODUN NEJO that life without her husband has been uneasy

How will you describe your late husband?

My husband, Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Ojo Olawunmi, was a quiet person, intelligent, honest and time-conscious. He was very caring; he never toyed with his family, wife and children. He was always encouraging me, to keep me going. He cared for the family to the maximum. He always said, ‘I am okay when you people (the family) are okay’. It is only God that can fill the vacuum. He was a committed and contented person. He was not the complaining type. He had the milk of kindness flowing in him and he was a cheerful giver. He took care of his aged parents. He would extend what was not even enough for the immediate family to others. He did not know how to say ‘I do not have’. Even when I told him, ‘Dear, why don’t you tell that person that you don’t have now and that you will reach out when you have?’ His response would be that it was okay that way. He could sacrifice anything.

Given the nature of his work, which required him to be away from home a lot, will you say you really enjoyed the married life with him?

Yes. I met him in 2004. His lifestyle had been part and parcel of my life. I am used to everything about him. That was why I was able to cope and forge ahead.

When did you get married?

We got married in 2010.

Given how he was always away and how everything ended, will you encourage any of your children to join the military if they want to?

 

Yes. Our first child always says he wants to be a pilot. His father never shut him up. The military, particularly the Air Force, is a good job. The Air Force has been a supportive and loving family. Even the few times we went on vacation or holiday, we could see they are good and loving people. One interesting thing is that Air Force builds family together. They ensure bonding in the families of members. I see love in them. They are good people to be with; they are fun to be close to. If my child wants to belong to such, I will not go against it. I love the job. During the Career Day of my first child at school, my husband went the extra mile to get him a pilot’s wear. If the child becomes one, the father will be happy wherever he is. What happened was just a coincidence. Air Force is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad