Suspected Hoodlums Brutalized A Power Company Worker Who Was Repairing A Transformer - Way Loaded

Breaking

Coinserom Crypto Ad Network

Post Top Ad

Monday, March 22, 2021

Suspected Hoodlums Brutalized A Power Company Worker Who Was Repairing A Transformer

Olakunle Popoola

 

Saheed Olanrewaju, a suspected hoodlum who is also known as Usama, has been arrested by men of the Lagos State Police Command.

He was nabbed for allegedly leading three others to attack an official of the Ikeja Electric, Olakunle Popoola, who was working on a faulty transformer in the Iju-Ishaga area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro reports that a resident, identified only as Tayo, visited the IE office to complain that power supply in the community was at low voltage.

In response, Popoola and his colleagues reportedly visited the network to evaluate the transformer remaining Wednesday.

However, four hoodlums allegedly descended on them with guns, inclusive of bottles and cutlasses.

Speaking to PUNCH Metro, Popoola stated the suspects broke three bottles on his head, including that they also dealt him cutlass blows inside the head, hand and returned.

The official stated that citizens and a number of his colleagues rushed him to medical institution for remedy.

He said, “It become after I climbed the pole across the transformer that I found that the impartial and the red safes have been defective. But unexpectedly, 4 men approached our course and commenced annoying N10,000 from us before we worked at the transformer. I became making arrangements to fix the transformer while certainly one of them slapped me, some other man broke a bottle on my head, and the 1/3 man additionally broke every other bottle on my head.

“Their leader all at once brought out a cutlass and began dealing cutlass blows on my head, hand and again. Blood changed into all over my body whilst considered one of my colleagues pushed him and he misplaced possession of the cutlass. But as he stood up, he got keep of an iron and started out the use of it to beat me. They were all announcing they would kill me and use me as a scapegoat due to the fact we normally convey high electrical bills.

“Everyone scampered for safety, however the residents intervened later. A woman helped me to sew my head to stop the bleeding earlier than I become rushed to medical institution. When our Chief Security Officer were given to the vicinity, the citizens denied knowing the guys who attacked me, however my CSO wrote a petition towards Mr Tayo and after he was arrested via the police, the phone number of the person that led the men turned into supplied and he was arrested and detained.”

The Head of Corporate Communications Ikeja Electric, Felix Ofulue, in a statement on Thursday, condemned the assault on Popoola, including that the arrested suspect could be charged to court docket.

“Ikeja Electric will keep to sentence attacks on its personnel in sturdy terms. We hold that wanton assaults on our staff is completely irrational, irresponsible and unproductive.

“In the hobby of the safety of our employees and for a harmonious relationship with our clients, Ikeja Electric will keep the deliberate engagement of all stakeholders in flashpoint regions to locate approaches to amicably solve all pertinent issues of subject to its customers and groups,” he delivered.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad